A civil claim, if properly reasoned, may be an effective mechanism for compensation of property and non-pecuniary damage caused by the wrongful actions of a convicted person.
01. What is the difference between a war crime and a crime against humanity?
02. How to classify the actions of combatants under the CC of Ukraine: a war crime or a crime against humanity?
03. Who bears criminal liability for these crimes?
04. Who will investigate, prosecute, and administer justice?
01. The Criminal Code of Ukraine has been amended with a new ground for commuting a sentence of imprisonment
02. Ukraine has acceded to the Convention on Extradition
03. Criminal liability for torture has been toughened
04. The closing of criminal proceedings under Article 284 of the Criminal Procedural Code of Ukraine has been amended
05. Criminal liability for committing certain military criminal offenses has been toughened
06. The Criminal Procedure Code of Ukraine has been amended to protect the rights and interests of a child in case of detention or custody of his or her parents
01. Provisions on conducting a pre-trial investigation during martial law have been amended.
02. To servicemen suspected of committing certain crimes during martial law shall only be applied custody as a measure of restraint.
03. The procedure for the exchange of a suspect, accused, or convict as a prisoner of war has been established.
04. A cooperation mechanism has been established between the competent authorities of Ukraine and the International Criminal Court (ICC).